What is the Dry Eye Clinic?
Many patients experience dry eye symptoms. Dryness can occur throughout the day or during contact lens wear, reading, or computer use, as well as in dry environments like an airplane. Many eye conditions can cause a feeling of dryness, so an accurate diagnosis of dry eye is necessary before appropriate treatment can be provided. The accurate diagnosis and management of dry eye requires special tests that go beyond a basic eye exam. The Dry Eye Clinic is designed to specifically test and treat patients who suffer from diseases that cause the eyes to feel dry.
How do I know if this clinic is right for me?
Patients who are contact-lens intolerant, complain of ocular dryness, burning, foreign body sensation, or experience blurred vision while reading may have dry eye and could benefit from a comprehensive examination in the Dry Eye Clinic.
Please take the following survey to find out whether you might have dry eye symptoms. If you score more than 13, you might benefit from having an evaluation in the Dry Eye Clinic.
What services do you offer?
The Dry Eye Clinic aims to treat various symptoms related to dry eye that include but are not limited to:
- gritty, itching, or stinging sensation
- excessive tearing; redness; discharge
- eyes feeling tired
- increased light sensitivity
- constant use of eye drops
- eyes feeling dry
- discomfort may worsen late in the day
The Dry Eye Clinic is proud to provide the new LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation treatment for dry eye.
If you want to learn more about our dry-eye clinic services and treatment options available, you can attend one of our free dry eye seminars.
ATTEND OUR NEXT FREE DRY EYE SEMINAR
|DATE:||Thursday, September 4th 2014|
|TIME:||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|WHERE:||University of California, Berkeley
University Eye Center
Ocular Surface Imaging Clinic
100 Minor Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-2020
How do I schedule an appointment?
- For Dry Eye Consultations or a Dry Eye Follow-Up, call 510-642-2020 and ask to be scheduled in the Dry Eye Clinic.
- To schedule an appointment for Lipiflow treatment, please call 510-642-9734.
- If you already have a scheduled visit in our general clinic, ask your intern to refer you to the Dry Eye Clinic.
When are appointments available?
The Dry Eye Clinic is open Tuesdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm
Chiefs, Dry Eye Clinic
- Meng C. Lin, OD, PhD Associate Professor of Clinical Optometry and Vision Science
- Nancy A. McNamara, OD, PhD Associate Professor of Clinical Optometry and Vision Science
- Kenneth A. Polse, OD, MS Professor Emeritus and Professor of the Graduate School
Phone (Clinic: University Eye Center)
Fax: 510-642-8012 or 510-642-4025
Note: For more information, see "Facts about Dry Eye" at the following web page sponsored by the National Eye Institute: